Our goal is to provide seamless and timely orthotics and prosthetics care from your referral to final delivery. Throughout the process we make it easy for you and your patients so they can get the care they need. We keep you informed and report patient outcomes back to you.
Five Simple Steps to Refer Your Patients to Hanger Clinic
- Physician provides a prescription, complete with diagnosis codes and supporting notes.
- Patient contacts local Hanger Clinic office to schedule consultation.
- Hanger Clinic professionals evaluate the patient. During the visit, we verify insurance benefits and discuss with the patient.
- Hanger Clinic orthotist or prosthetist fabricates and fits device to the patient.
- Patient is scheduled for a follow-up visit and we report outcomes back to physician.
ICD-10 Code Guidelines
Please provide an accurate ICD-10 code on all prescriptions and medical record notes for compliance with payer requirements. Clearly document:
- ICD-10 codes AND descriptor narratives
- Direct connection between diagnosis, underlying cause and resultant condition. For example:
- Trauma: Partial or complete traumatic amputation from car accident
- Disease: Amputation secondary to gangrene from diabetic wound
- Congenital: Congenital condition from a missing limb at birth
- Cause, condition, Rx and notes that all consistently support the codes you select
ICD-10 Questions? Email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org