Stephen is an Illinois-licensed, ABC-certified orthotist and board eligible prosthetist for Hanger Clinic in Hyde Park, Illinois. He has more than ten years of experience, and continues to enjoy that O&P brings science and art together, focusing on unique methods of care that emphasize recovery and patient mobility.
Stephen provides orthotic care for adult and pediatric patients, including care to patients at the University of Chicago Hospital. He provides a continuum of orthotic services, both custom and non-custom, including spinal orthoses, HALO orthoses, and lower extremity orthoses. Stephen specializes in pediatric orthotics, including cranial remolding helmets and pectus carinatum orthoses. He often attends clinics at hospitals throughout Chicago.
Stephen has conducted outcome analysis in an internal study of the efficacy of cranial remolding at a previous clinic, and has developed a unique method of incorporating hearing aids (Baha) into cranial remolding helmets of nonsyndromic and syndromic patients with hearing loss. He finds cranial remolding orthoses to be intrinsically rewarding because positive outcomes can be shared with the family in a short period of time.
Outside of the office, Stephen enjoys time with his family and cycling.
- Master of Science in Biology, University of Illinois at Urbana Champaign
- Certificate in Orthotics and Prosthetics, Northwestern University School of Medicine
Presenter for Inservice Presentations
- “A Complex Orthosis: The Ankle Foot Orthosis,” Swedish Hospital, 2014
- “Comparative Management of the Transtibial Amputee Using Soft Dressing, Rigid Dressing and the Ballert Rigid Removable Dressing,” Northwestern Memorial Hospital, 2016
- “Cranial Molding Helmets,” University of Chicago Hospital, 2015