Webinar: The Provision of Orthotic and Prosthetic Care in a COVID-19 World
Date and Time
With the emergence of the COVID-19 crisis, providers of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services have faced significant transformations over the past several months—changing how we communicate with our patients and referral sources, adapting to new demands for evaluations and delivery of care, and moving telehealth and remote consults from what was once seen as a luxury to a necessity.
- Strategies for maintaining employee and patient safety
- Preservation of essential services
- Tracking CDC resources/changes
- Expanding care pathways, virtual & remote consultations
- Envisioning reemergence, recognizing the at-risk demographics of our patients
Upon completion of this program, learners will be able to:
- Identify strategies for maintaining employee and patient safety
- List CDC resources and changes
- Navigate through expanding care pathways, including virtual & remote consultations
Course designed for O&P Professionals
ABC – 1.5 Category I CEUs (includes quiz)
There were several resources mentioned throughout the course of the webinar, which may help guide organizations as they continue to navigate through this pandemic.
- Travelers from Countries with Widespread Sustained (Ongoing) Transmission Arriving in the United States
- Interim Guidance for Healthcare Facilities: Preparing for Community Transmission of COVID-19 in the United States
- Interim Infection Prevention and Control Recommendations for Patients with Suspected or Confirmed Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Healthcare Settings
- Environmental Cleaning and Disinfection Recommendations
- Evaluating and Reporting Persons Under Investigation (PUI)
- Interim US Guidance for Risk Assessment and Public Health Management of Persons with Potential Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) Exposures: Geographic Risk and Contacts of Laboratory-confirmed Cases
- What should I do if I have symptoms or have been exposed?
Host: James Campbell, PhD
Senior Vice President and Chief Clinical Officer, Hanger, Inc.
Dr. Campbell has 40 years of experience in the orthotics and prosthetics profession with distinction in leadership and research. He serves as Hanger’s Chief Clinical Officer.
Moderator: Lissa Adams, MPT, CP, RD
Regional Director, Michigan Market, Hanger Clinic
Since 2014, Lissa has served Hanger Clinic as the Regional Director for the Michigan Market. Prior to that, she was the Area Clinic Manager for Hanger Clinic for Central and Western Michigan and a Certified Prosthetist since 2003. Before coming to Hanger Clinic, she served for 8 years as the Director for Outpatient Rehabilitation for St John’s Mercy Medical Center in St. Louis, Missouri where she first began her career as a Physical Therapist.
Panelist: Joseph B. Webster, M.D.
National Medical Director, VA Amputation System of Care
Dr. Joseph Webster is a physician with 24 years of experience in the field of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation (PM&R) and in working with individuals with amputations. He is a Professor in the Department of PM&R at Virginia Commonwealth University and a Staff Physician at the Hunter Holmes McGuire VA Medical Center in Richmond, Virginia. Dr. Webster has served as the National Director of the VA Amputation System of Care (ASoC) since 2011.
Panelist: Michael Oros, CPO / LPO, FAAOP
Regional Vice President, Hanger Clinic
Michael Oros recently joined Hanger Clinic as Regional Vice President, bringing over 30 years of experience in orthotic and prosthetic patient care. Prior to joining Hanger Clinic, he served as CEO of Scheck & Siress Prosthetics, Inc., a regional provider of orthotic and prosthetic services in the Chicago area. He is an ABC- and Illinois-licensed prosthetist and orthotist who has served as a Board member of the American Orthotic and Prosthetic Association (AOPA) and as Chairperson for the National Commission on Orthotic Prosthetic Education.
Panelist: Phil Stevens, MEd, CPO
Director, Clinical and Scientific Affairs, Hanger Clinic
Through outcomes implementation, landmark research studies and the establishment of Clinical Practice Guidelines, Phil has set national standards of care based on science and at the forefront of O&P care.