How to Refer Patients
Our goal is to provide seamless and timely orthotic and prosthetic care from your referral to final delivery.
Throughout the referral process, we make it easy for you and your patients, so your patients can get the care they need. We strive to keep you informed and report patient outcomes back to you, so you can help celebrate their successes every step of the way.
Five Simple Steps to Refer Your Patients to Hanger Clinic
- You send a prescription to Hanger Clinic, complete with diagnosis codes and supporting notes.
- Your patient contacts their local Hanger Clinic office to schedule a free evaluation.
- We evaluate your patient and verify their insurance benefits.
- Our certified orthotists and prosthetists will fabricate and/or fit the prescribed device to your patient.
- Your patient is scheduled for a follow-up visit, and we report outcomes back to the physician.
Documentation Best Practices
It is important to provide an accurate ICD-10 code on all prescriptions and medical record notes for compliance with payer requirements.
Please clearly document:
- ICD-10 codes AND descriptor narratives
- Direct connection between diagnosis, underlying cause and resultant condition. For example:
- Trauma: Partial or complete traumatic amputation from car accident
- Disease: Amputation secondary to gangrene from diabetic wound
- Congenital: Congenital condition from a missing limb at birth
- Cause, condition, Rx and notes that all consistently support the codes you select.
If you need immediate assistance, please find a clinic near you and call that clinic directly. Your call will be returned more quickly by the local clinic.
Physicians Guide to Prosthetic Documentation
Ensure your prosthetic documentation meets Medicare requirements by downloading our helpful physician checklist.