BAKA Bootcamp Atlanta 2024
Date and Time
The Westin Atlanta Airport
Hanger Clinic is hosting another exciting BAKA Bootcamp in Atlanta, Georgia – home of the Atlanta Braves and the Atlanta Botanical Garden.
This year, we’re attending a Braves game at Truist Park and hosting a one-of-a-kind mobility event at the Atlanta Botanical Garden.
If you are a person with bilateral above-knee limb loss or limb difference, don’t miss out on attending this year’s Bootcamp. No matter your mobility level, you will be inspired to “Decide to Rise” to the next level of your abilities. You will be challenged and encouraged by your peers with limb loss, along with an exceptional Hanger Clinic team, led by Kevin Carroll, MS, CP, FAAOP/D.
New for BAKA Bootcamp 2024, we are adding all-day Saturday activities to our schedule, with the event ending Saturday night after the Atlanta Braves baseball game.
Activities & Topics:
- Participate in our mobility event at the Atlanta Botanical Gardens
- Attend an Atlanta Braves baseball game at Truist Park
- Gain skills to navigate ramps, stairs, curbs, and uneven terrain
- Meet and learn from peers during support groups for men & women
- Discover new technologies and specialized activity prosthetics
- Experience strength training & exercises
- Learn about skincare tips & products
- Find out how to manage phantom limb pain
Date & Time
April 18–21, 2024
- Badge & Bag Pick-Up: Wednesday, April 17 from 4–6 p.m. ET
- Event Begins: Thursday, April 18 at 8 a.m. ET
- New for 2024: We are adding all-day Saturday activities to our schedule, with BAKA ending Saturday night after the Atlanta Braves baseball game. All departures will take place on Sunday, April 21.
Book your room by Wednesday, March 22 to receive the reduced rate of $125/night. If you need help booking, email [email protected]. Please note, fully accessible rooms are limited, so if you need an accessible room it is important to book early. You can request a shower chair at the time of booking.
Registration is full for BAKA Bootcamp 2024 in Atlanta. If you’d like to be added to the waiting list, please email [email protected].
If you’re looking for another great event for people with limb loss to attend this year, registration is still open for EmpowerFest 2024 in Hollywood, Florida at www.hangerclinic.com/empowerfest.
The Westin Atlanta Airport Hotel is an airport hotel, located within 1 mile of the Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport and provides a complimentary, wheelchair-accessible shuttle service to and from the domestic terminal.
June 7 – 9, 2024
EmpowerFest is coming to Hollywood, Florida! EmpowerFest is coming to sunny Florida! Grab your sunscreen, sunglasses, and swim gear to join Hanger Clinic for EmpowerFest in beautiful Hollywood, Florida. This is an event like no other for people with upper and lower limb loss and limb difference. You’ll discover the power of shared experiences and […]
June 8 – 25, 2024
The Endeavor Games are awe-inspiring, life-changing sporting events that provide an opportunity to learn from others in a supportive setting and compete against individuals with similar ability levels.