Angela is an ABC-certified orthotist for Hanger Clinic in Alsip, Illinois.
As a pediatric clinician with more than 23 years of experience in the field, Angela specializes in pathomechanical disorders of the spine including scoliosis and fracture management. She is skilled in the orthotic management of clubfoot, hip dysplasia, and toe walking.
For Angela, there is nothing more satisfying than helping patients prevent surgery, reduce their pain, walk for the first time, or do other things they previously could not. She finds joy in working with children, and finds it heart-warming to see the loving support of families during their care journey.
Angela enjoys sharing her knowledge and experience, and has been invited to lecture by Northwestern University’s orthotic program, India’s Ministry of Health, and the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists.
Outside of work, Angela can be found traveling, spending time outdoors, dancing, and crafting.
- Bachelor of Science in Agricultural Science, Truman State University (Formerly Northeast Missouri State University), 1993
- Post-Graduate Certificate in Orthotics, Northwestern University, 2001
- Piloted in-vivo laboratory analysis of the mechanisms of action of the posterior-shell thoracic lumbar sacral orthosis (TLSO) for osteoporotic spinal deformity at the Musculoskeletal Biomechanics Laboratory at the Edward Hines, Jr. VA Hospital (VA Hines).
- Conducted in-vivo experiments on normal adult volunteer subjects to quantify the mechanical function of three different prefabricated and made-to-measure thoracic lumbar sacral orthoses (TLSOs) for sagittal motion reduction in the upper and lower lumbar spine as well as at the lumbo-sacral junction.
- American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists, member
- North American Spine Society, member
- Scoliosis Research Society, member