Jennifer is an ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist and area clinic manager for Hanger Clinic in Kissimmee, Melbourne, and Ocoee, Florida.
As an area clinic manager with more than 19 years of experience in the field, Jennifer cares for patients of all ages. She has received specialized training in many areas of the orthotics and prosthetics field, including microprocessor prosthetic technologies, ComfortFlex sockets, C-brace, Walkaide®, stroke management, and sport injury management.
Jennifer’s interest in the human body and the mechanics for efficient movement started as an undergraduate. Following an opportunity to research long jump amputee athletes after the 1996 Paralympics in Atlanta, she narrowed her focus to pursue a career in prosthetics and orthotics. She still loves being in the field today.
Jennifer is passionate about creating efficiency for people with prosthetics and orthotics. She enjoys learning about patients’ needs or desires, then helping them find the best solutions for their specific situation. When working with pediatric patients, Jennifer feels like she becomes lifelong friends with the parents and children. She enjoys watching them mature, progress in their care, and looks forward to hearing about their summer adventures and school activities that change each year.
Outside of work, Jennifer enjoys watching her son and daughter participate in music and athletic activities, and spending time in a variety of outdoor activities. She also participates in a working women’s tennis league.
- Bachelor of Arts in Fitness and Wellness, Brewton Parker College, 1997
- Master of Arts in Exercise Science, Biomechanics Emphasis, University of Georgia, 2000
- Post-Graduate Certification in Orthotics, Newington Certificate Program, 2000
- Post-Graduate Certification in Prosthetics, Newington Certificate Program, 2002
- A comparison of kinematic restraint of two prophylactic ankle braces provided during flat and inverted drop surface landings, Master of Arts dissertation, University of Georgia, 2000.