Joseph is ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist and clinic manager for Hanger Clinic in Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois.
As a clinic manager with more than 30 years of experience in the field, Joseph specializes in upper and lower extremity orthotics and prosthetics for all ages. He has a special interest in lower extremity orthotics and prosthetics with skills in elevated vacuum prosthetics, tuned ankle-foot orthosis (AFO) management, and microprocessor-controlled knee and ankle prosthetics. He is skilled in the management of amputation, diabetic neuropathy, stroke, neuromuscular disorders including scoliosis, and gait abnormality and instability.
Joseph feels he has an amazing opportunity to help people reach their full potential. As the father of four, he has a deep commitment to providing the best possible life for his pediatric patients. When volunteering and working with children and the special needs community, Joseph is always impressed by their limitless energy and optimism. He feels their positive mindset helps to push everyone on the team to meet the high expectations and goals of these incredible populations.
Outside of work, Joseph enjoys an active lifestyle that includes water and snow skiing, mountain biking, golf, yoga, and cardio fitness.
- Bachelor of Science, Illinois State University, 1989
- Post-Graduate Certification in Prosthetics, Northwestern University, 1993
- Post-Graduate Certification in Orthotics, Northwestern University, 1998
Awards and Professional Honors
- Past president of the Midwest Chapter of the Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists
- Outstanding teacher award from Rush University Physical Medicine Residency Program