Micah is a Illinois-licensed, ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist who has been caring for patients since 2015 and is passionate about healing and empowering people through improved mobility. He received his Master’s degree from the Northwestern University Prosthetics & Orthotics Center at the Feinberg School of Medicine. He is also a member of the American Academy of Orthotists and Prosthetists.
Micah discovered his love for prosthetics while visiting a prosthetic clinic in Haiti following the devastating earthquake in 2010. Since, he has learned and adapted leading-edge technology into his practice, including video gait analysis, adjustable sockets, high activity applications, and proximal amputation level devices. He loves to take on a new challenge.
Micah is father to two beautiful kids, Addie and Harrison, and proud husband to his wife, Lauren. When not at work, he loves taking his kids on walks to the park or to the zoo.
- Master of Prosthetics and Orthotics, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, 2015
- Bachelor of Arts, Wheaton College, 2012
- Major MJ, Alford M. Validity of the iPhone M7 motion co-processor as a pedometer for able-bodied ambulation. Journal of sports sciences. 2016;34(23):1-5
- Hart S, Drevets K, Alford M, Salacinski A, Hunt BE. A method-comparison study regarding the validity and reliability of the Lactate Plus analyzer. BMJ open. 2013;3(2).
- Salacinski AJ, Alford M, Drevets K, Hart S, Hunt BE. Validity and Reliability of a Glucometer Against Industry Reference Standards. Journal of diabetes science and technology. 2014;8(1):95-99.