Stephen is a board eligible clinician for Hanger Clinic in Houston, Texas.
As a clinician with more than 9 years of experience in the field, Stephen works with patients of all ages and is skilled in the orthotic management of lower limb orthotics and prosthetics. He also has expertise in acute care, spinal care, and rehabilitation settings.
He was inspired to become a prosthetist/orthotist after watching his mother work in the intensive care unit of a Level 1 trauma center throughout his childhood. Her experience taught him about the need for skilled and compassionate caregivers, a profession that matches his personal strengths and interests. He finds it rewarding to learn more about how he can support his patients as they work to regain function and get back to doing what they love.
- Bachelor of Science in Kinesiology with a Minor in Nutrition, University of Houston, 2010
- Associate in Applied Science in Orthotic & Prosthetic Technology, Oklahoma State University Institute of Technology, 2011
- Master of Science in Orthotics & Prosthetics, Baylor College of Medicine, 2021
- Do O&P Clinicians have a Professional Obligation to Educate the Next Generation of Practitioners? A glimpse into residency and clinical preceptorship.
- Rising Star Award, Oklahoma State Institute of Technology, 2015
- Ritte Award, Baylor College of Medicine, 2021