Adaptive Wakesurfing Event
Date and Time
Boyd Lake State Park
Join us for a memorable day on the water, where you can try something new and connect with the local adaptive community! Hanger Clinic, Tommy’s, Blachford Prosthetics, and Proteor invite people of all ability levels, including those with limb loss, limb difference or other physical challenges, to Boyed Lake State Park for an Adaptive Wake Surfing Day. This clinic is appropriate for all ages, from beginners who’ve never tried wake surfing before to experts. All boats and equipment will be provided, and there will be professional instructors on each boat to help each rider achieve their goals.
Event Will Include:
- Learning fundamentals of how to wakesurf
- Exercises to Improve balance & stability on surfboard
- Opportunities to test out the latest prosthetic technologies
- Community-building with other attendees and families
Professionals on Hand Will Include:
- Certified Prosthetists Orthotists (CPOs)
- Professional wake surfing Instructors
- Physical Therapists (PTs)
Free catered lunch, drinks, and access to stand up paddleboards on site.
Limited Space Available
Registration is required for individuals participating in the clinic. Family and friends do not need to register. All participants will be required to sign a waiver. If the participant is under 18, a legal guardian or parent must be present and sign the waiver.