Free Virtual Course: Conservative and Surgical Management of the Arthritic Knee
Date and Time
The Conservative and Surgical Management of the Arthritic Knee program is an evidence-based program designed to provide healthcare professionals with insight into knee arthritis and the different treatment pathways for surgical and nonsurgical patients.
The Hanger Institute for Clinical Research and Education, Northwell Health, and the New York Hanger Clinic team, has organized this symposium to provide the most up-to-date information for therapists and clinicians on how to select the best treatment plan for their patient.
This will be a virtual event for all healthcare professionals who work and care for arthritic knee patients. Attendees will have an opportunity to further their knowledge of post-surgical therapy, unique orthotic options, scientific publications, new 3D technology for fabrication and measurement, and how each treatment will improve the patient’s quality of life through higher mobility.
Target Audience: PT/PTA, OT/OTA, O&P, and healthcare providers who care for this patient population
CE Contact Hours: 2.00 hours (120 minutes)
Physicians: Non-CME – Course Completion Certificate only
Session Outline + Timed Agenda
- Welcome – 5 minutes, 5-5:05 pm
- Conservative and Surgical Management of the Arthritic Knee, 5:05-5:35 pm (30 minutes)
- Jonathan Danoff, MD
- Rehabilitation of the Arthritic Knee, 5:35-6:05 pm (30 minutes)
- William F. Ott, DPT, CSCS
- Biomechanics of the Arthritic Knee, 6:05-6:20 pm (15 minutes)
- Emmanuel Beauchemin, CBCPO
- Tech Break: Evoke (non-CE), 6:20-6:50 (30 minutes)
- Emmanuel Beauchemin, CBCPO
- Structure Scanner Demonstration, 6:50-7:10 pm (20 minutes)
- Yoni Diamond, CPO
- Q&A, 7:10-7:30 pm (20 minutes)
Upon completion of this program, participants should be able to:
- Describe conservative arthritic knee treatment, and its dynamic effects on a patient’s mobility.
- Discuss post-surgical pain management solutions, and the patient criteria associated with each solution.
- Explain surgical treatments of the arthritic knee, and the implications on knee geometry and movement.
Jonathan Danoff, MD
Dr. Jonathan Danoff received his medical degree from Pennsylvania State University College of Medicine. He is board-certified by the American Board Of Orthopaedic Surgery and specializes in hip and knee replacements.
William F. Ott, DPT, CSCS
William F. Ott is a New York State licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy and Certified Strength and Conditioning Specialist who effectively rehabilitates orthopedic ailments. He communicates effectively with surgeons, PCPs, and co-workers to ensure best practices and improve patient outcomes.
Emmanuel Beauchemin, CBCPO
Emmanuel Beauchemin is a certified orthotist with over 18 years of experience in clinical practice, R&D, fabrication and management roles. Emmanuel has an in-depth expertise in biomechanics. He specializes in lower limb bracing, neuroprosthetics, and stance control bracing.
Yoni Diamond, CPO
Yoni Diamond, CPO, is an ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist at multiple Hanger Clinic locations in New York City and is also involved in education and published research. His aim is to help patients fulfill their goals, needs, and desires while feeling more capable and confident.