Good Questions for Good Health, Session 13
Date and Time
This free session is open to anyone with limb loss or limb difference who uses a prosthesis, as well as their family and caregivers. All ages and mobility levels welcome. You do not need to be a Hanger Clinic patient to attend.
Join us for an interactive workshop where we will discuss techniques designed to help you navigate the healthcare system with ease. By asking the right questions and engaging your prosthetist, doctor, and therapists in your care, you will be prepared to make better decisions, ensure you’re receiving quality care, and feel peace of mind about your overall health and wellbeing.
Throughout the session, you will be encouraged to write down your questions and take them to your appointment. By the end of the workshop, we hope you will feel better informed, ready to ask questions, and encouraged to talk to other people in your life about becoming more engaged in their healthcare.
- Hear from prosthetic users about their personal experiences – what went well with their care and what didn’t.
- Practice asking questions about:
- How your prosthesis affect or will be affected by your overall health and health conditions;
- Prosthetic components;
- Goals; and
- Issues you may be having with your prosthesis that could be impacting your overall quality, safety, and results.
- Learn the steps you should take before your appointments that will help you make the most of your time with your prosthetist and others in the healthcare team.
Molly McCoy, L/CPO
Prosthetist and Clinical Communication Advocate
With over 20 years of experience in the field, Molly is focused on driving a culture change in O&P, supporting the idea that documentation is an integral part of patient care.
Community Care Coordinator