Gabe is an ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist and Clinic Manager for Hanger Clinic in Rio Rancho, New Mexico with nearly two decades of experience. She specializes in pediatric orthotics, scoliosis bracing, lower extremity prosthetics, CAD/CAM design, and infant cranial asymmetry. She is also the residency director for the Albuquerque Market residency program.
Gabe finds pediatric care especially rewarding, as it provides an opportunity to work with a collaborative team to achieve optimal outcomes for children and their families. She enjoys coordinating care between families and other resources in the community (like therapists and early intervention teams). She works alongside the local head shape clinic team to help manage and treat non-surgical plagiocephaly and post-operative care for craniosynostosis.
Gabe considers it a gift to be able to contribute to an individual’s rehabilitation journey and to collaborate with others on the care team to help improve mobility, functionality, comfort and overall satisfaction in a person’s life. She enjoys the process of identifying an individual’s goals and then developing orthotic and prosthetic solutions (and potentially pairing those with other interventions) that will help drive towards those goals.
Outside the clinic, Gabe enjoys hiking, family road trips with her husband and two children, disc golf, reading, coffee, baking, and gardening.
- Bachelor of Arts in Anthropology, Central Washington University, 2001
- Bachelor of Arts in Biology, Central Washington University, 2001
- Bachelor of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics, University of Washington, 2003
Awards and Accolades
- Hanger Clinic Sustained Excellence Award for Operations, 2015 and 2016
- Hanger Clinic Excellence Award for Clinical Outcomes, 2017
- Hanger Clinic Excellence Award for Leadership, 2018
- WalkAide Premier Provider