Jill is a licensed Physical Therapist Assistant, bringing over 15 years of experience to our Hanger Clinic locations in Maine. She specializes in working alongside patients with limb loss and limb difference, helping to maximize their independence and function by engaging therapy practices designed to enhance strength, balance, endurance, and safety. Working together with the broader care team, including prosthetists and providers, she provides the care, compassion, and support required to improve patient outcomes and deliver positive patient experiences.
As a Community Care Coordinator at Hanger Clinic, Jill meets with all new prosthetic patients before surgery and supports patients from amputation to ambulation. She is equipped with a thorough understanding of prosthetics and orthotics, serving as a single point of contact for all new amputees as they transition through the continuum of care. She ensures patients and family members are provided with educational materials, appropriate community resources, and emotional support like amputee support groups and AMPOWER peer visitation. Jill attends physician visits with patients and maintains accurate and complete patient files while supporting patients through these trying times.
- Pre-amputation prosthetic consultations and pre-amputation peer visits
- Post-amputation limb volume management and limb protection
- Access to peer support
- Communication with patient/family as well as healthcare professionals
- Contact from first patient encounter to the evaluation of a prosthesis
- Implementation and completion of clinically supported pre-/post-op amputee protocol