John is a licensed, ABC-certified prosthetist and licensed physical therapist for Hanger Clinic in Mississippi. He lost his leg above the knee when he was 14 years old due to an accidental gunshot incident, and his own experiences as a person with limb loss plus his training in physical therapy and prosthetics give him a unique prospective toward delivering care. He is specialized in advanced lower limb prosthetic care and all lower limb technologies.
John is recognized as a Fellow of the American Academy of Orthotics and Prosthetics for his accomplishments and contributions to the field of Prosthetics. He is the Residency Director at Hanger Clinic and is committed to helping train others in his field.
John is passionate about providing the best care possible to help others overcome the obstacles of limb loss and help them return to the highest possible function they can achieve. He continues to advance his practice by utilizing the latest advancements in technology with a focus on improving patient outcomes.
- Practiced physical therapy at North Mississippi Medical Center, specializing in outpatient orthopedic injuries, where he worked with individuals with limb loss and helped establish the first Amputee Clinic
- Became an ABC-certified prosthetist in 2006
- Worked at University Surgical Associates of Chattanooga, one of the largest vascular groups in the Southeast, providing care to all of their patients that experienced amputations with a comprehensive multi-disciplinary approach to prosthetic care
- Developed advanced expertise in Elevated Vacuum Technology
- Presented at AOPA and AAOP national educational symposiums covering a wide range of topics related to Elevated Vacuum Technology in order to help colleagues across the country have a better understanding of this advanced fitting technology for lower limb patients
- Bachelor of Science in Physical Therapy, University of Mississippi Medical Center, 1996
- Prosthetic Certificate, Northwestern University