Megan is an ABC-certified orthotist at Hanger Clinic in Hartford County, Connecticut.
As a pediatric orthotist, Megan specializes in the treatment of scoliosis and cranial asymmetries. She is considered a leading expert in these areas as she has focused her nearly 30 year career on understanding these patient populations and how to best achieve the desired outcomes.
Throughout her tenure, Megan has had the privilege of working in the Children’s Hospital, where she’s had the honor of working alongside physicians, orthopedic and neurosurgery staff, and Hanger Clinic clinicians who share her passion for patient care and support.
As a mother herself, Megan is passionate about education. She enjoys taking the time to ensure families feel comfortable and knowledgeable about their individual diagnosis and treatment process. As a clinical educator, she serves as an adjunct professor at the University of Hartford in the area of spinal orthotics, and also lends her scoliosis expertise to train Hanger Clinic residents and clinicians nationwide.
Outside of work, Megan enjoys spending time with her husband and three young adult children. She is also involved with the children’s ministry at her church and provides support for women and outreach to the local community.
Education and Certifications
- Health Science Degree-Prosthetics and Orthotics, University of Washington, 1987
- Bachelor of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics, University of Washington, 1991
- Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics, University of Hartford, 2018
Awards and Accolades
- Hanger Clinic, Orthotic Clinician of the Year, 2018
- University of Hartford, Outstanding Clinical Educator Award, 2019