Michael is an ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist and Area Clinic Manager for Hanger Clinic in Louisville, Kentucky.
As a clinician, Michael provides orthotic and prosthetic care to children and adults with a wide variety of diagnoses. He specializes in the treatment of infants with cranial asymmetries and also focuses on lower limb prosthetics, underwater prosthetics, and the orthotic management of scoliosis.
When treating children, Michael enjoys building relationships with patients and families. As a father himself (and a kid at heart), Michael understands what parents are going through and strives to make sure they have peace of mind throughout the entire treatment process. He truly believes it is a team effort.
For Michael, the best part of his job is being able to fabricate something with his own hands that has a direct impact on a person’s life. He adores the transition from his white coat in the front of the clinic to his t-shirt and loud music in the lab where he is able to create amazing devices.
Outside of work, Michael does not like to sit still. He loves playing sports and spending time with his wife and daughter. With another baby on the way – a boy! – his hands and heart are sure to be full with more love than he ever thought possible.
- Bachelor in Business/Marketing, University of Louisville, 2005
- Bachelor of Science in Orthotics and Prosthetics, St. Petersburg College, 2011
- Master of Science in Prosthetics and Orthotics, University of Hartford, 2014
Awards and Accolades
- Hanger Excellence Award, 2017-2018
- Umbrell, C. Diving into O&P Research. O&P Almanac. October 2018. Available here.