Shannon is an ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist and Area Clinic Manager for Hanger Clinic at the Children’s Mercy Hospital, Ability KC, and Nall locations in Kansas City.
As a pediatric clinician, Shannon provides orthotic care to children with a wide variety of diagnoses. She specializes in cranial remolding for infants with plagiocephaly and craniosynostosis, as well as the treatment of idiopathic and neuromuscular scoliosis, and the orthotic management of cerebral palsy. As a strong believer in education, Shannon is passionate about ensuring families feel comfortable with, and supported throughout, the treatment process. She enjoys seeing her patients improve over time and being able to provide quantifiable outcome measures, giving both families and herself great joy.
As an Area Clinic Manager, Shannon oversees three Hanger Clinic offices, ensuring every patient is presented with the best possible care by top-notch clinicians and staff. She also contributes to Hanger Clinic’s Department of Clinical and Scientific Affairs by providing cranial education to hundreds of Hanger Clinic clinicians across the country.
Outside of work, Shannon enjoys exploring new restaurants and museums with her spouse, Clint, and her family and friends.
Education and Certifications
- Fort Hays State University, Bachelor of Science in Cellular & Molecular Biology, 2009
- Newington Certificate Program, Post-Graduate Certification in Orthotics, 2010
- Newington Certificate Program, Post-Graduate Certification in Prosthetics, 2013
Awards and Accolades
- The Tom Mcveigh-Kimberly St. Germain Human Spirit Award, May 2010
- Hanger Clinic: Make It Happen Newcomer Award, 2011
- Hanger Clinic: Exceeding Personal Best, 2012
- Hanger Clinic: Award of Excellence “Whatever It Takes,” 2013