Shannon is an ABC-certified prosthetist/orthotist, Area Clinic Manager, and National Clinical Specialist, Pediatrics for Hanger Clinic. Based in Kansas City, she sees patients at The Children’s Mercy Hospital and Ability KC locations.
As a pediatric clinician, Shannon provides orthotic care to children with a wide variety of diagnoses. She specializes in cranial remolding for infants with plagiocephaly and craniosynostosis, as well as the treatment of idiopathic and neuromuscular scoliosis, and the orthotic management of cerebral palsy. As a strong believer in education, Shannon is passionate about ensuring families feel comfortable with, and supported throughout, their care journey. She enjoys seeing her patients improve over time and being able to provide quantifiable outcome measures, giving both families and herself great joy.
Shannon oversees three Hanger Clinic locations in Kansas City—The Children’s Mercy Hospital, Ability KC, and Nall Office—ensuring every patient is presented with the best possible care by top-notch clinicians and staff. She also contributes to Hanger Clinic’s Department of Clinical and Scientific Affairs by organizing education in pediatric orthotics & prosthetics, for the Pediatric Specialists within the Pediatric Network.
Outside of work, Shannon enjoys spending time with her spouse, Clint, and her son, Rye.
Education and Certifications
- Fort Hays State University, Bachelor of Science in Cellular & Molecular Biology, 2009
- Newington Certificate Program, Post-Graduate Certification in Orthotics, 2010
- Newington Certificate Program, Post-Graduate Certification in Prosthetics, 2013
Awards and Accolades
- The Tom Mcveigh-Kimberly St. Germain Human Spirit Award, May 2010
- Hanger Clinic: Make It Happen Newcomer Award, 2011
- Hanger Clinic: Exceeding Personal Best, 2012
- Hanger Clinic: Award of Excellence “Whatever It Takes,” 2013