Featured Technology: ComfortFlex Adapt
The ComfortFlex® Adapt was developed by a team of highly skilled Hanger Clinic prosthetists who combined their clinical experience, knowledge of anatomy, and computerized gait analysis to completely rethink and improve socket design.
With the goal of providing a more comfortable, secure fit for your prosthetic leg, this self-adjustable socket system empowers you to control your own socket fit as volume and activities change during the day. ComfortFlex Adapt incorporates the simple, proven, easy-to-use RevoFit® system, so you can manage volume with a click and twist of a dial instead of adding or removing socks. This adjustable socket improves fit and function, creating the optimal environment for long-term limb health while enabling you to be more independent.
Is ComfortFlex Right for You?
Thousands of ComfortFlex wearers have been empowered to re-enter the workforce and engage in recreational activities, such as biking, running, and golfing.
The flexible brim allows for comfortable containment of the soft tissue and bones for maximum control and suspension to effectively fit individuals with above-knee, hip disarticulation and hemipelvectomy amputations. Below the knee designs are also available.
Benefits of ComfortFlex
The anatomically-contoured, scientifically-proven ComfortFlex socket system promotes:
- Comfort – Customized fit thanks to soft, conforming materials in contact with the skin
- Flexibility – Pliable inner socket surrounded by a structural frame with windows, enabling residual limb muscles to flex when walking, standing and sitting
- Limb health – Total surface bearing socket promotes venous return and even weight distribution
- Stability and control – Individual contours and precise shaping conform to the unique shape of each residual limb to limit socket rotation; Built-in reliefs accommodate pressure points
- Individualized accurate fit – Custom-made from cast impression or proprietary Insignia® scan using computer aided design (CAD)
Request a Free Evaluation
The ComfortFlex Adapt is available at Hanger Clinic locations nationwide, with consultation and fitting from our lower limb specialists.
Subscribe to stay up-to-date on our latest posts.