Support for Caregivers
Limb loss, mobility difficulties, and other health issues can impact family members and caregivers as well as the individual. In order to best support your loved one, it’s important to ensure you’re taking care of yourself, too.
These online resources are a great starting point:
- Join the Caregiver of Amputees group on EmpoweringAmputees.org to learn from others that are caring for amputees.
- The Caregivers Action Network offers education, peer support, and resources for family caregivers.
- The Family Caregiver Alliance provides caregiver education and support groups while serving as an advocate for caregiver resources.
- The National Alliance for Caregiving is a non-profit coalition of national organizations focusing on issues of family caregiving.
- Today’s Caregiver is an online resource for caregivers that also offers a newsletter and magazine subscription.
- Well Spouse Association provides support for spousal caregivers.
*This is not a complete list of resources, nor an official endorsement from Hanger Clinic.
Subscribe to stay up-to-date on our latest posts.